Kansas male-chicken-blocked me from skating this weekend, so I decided to do a little analysis of the most stylish rail skater I could think of: Omar Wysong. Good thing is I learned a lot… bad thing is, I’m jonesin for a skate sesh like a junky now. But hey, that’s not your problem, enjoy the educational content. - City Blades.
Iconic Skate Spot: The legendary handicap-rail and drop-rail at LR Green Elementary School in Escondido, California. Featuring: Ryan Northway, Iain Mcleod, Chris Haffey, Dre Powell, Brian Hamm, Lyle Shivak, Blake Dennis, Richie Eisler, Brent Hicks, Damien Wilson, Montre Livingston, Steven Tat, Mike Murda Johnson, Rachard Johnson, Alex Broskow, Edwin Wieringh, Korey Waikiki, Dan Barnes, Abdiel Colberg, Jimmy Ormsby, Eric Schrijn, Mike French, Beat Schillmeier, Gonzo Jaquez, Brian Aragon, Frazer Watson, Omar Wysong, Mike Radebaugh, Scott Bagnall, Joey Chase, Tom Martin, Robert Guerrero, Derek Henderson, Troy White, Eric Perkett, Jon Elliott, Oli Short, Bruno Loewe & more.
A compilation by Scoreback (Youtube Channel).
Music: Hemlock Ernst & Kenny Segal - Down.
60+ minutes of strictly the realest. Footage stockpiled from late 1996 to 2004. Total over 230 hours of raw footage. Tricks & stunts from all 7 of my prior full release’s to date, as well as current, and old unseen footage. Put in sections seperated by skater to get a feel for their style and progression over the years. Plus a few sections from some very promising young guns. - Beau Cottington (2004).
Sections - PLAY:
Louis Zamora |
Brian Hamm |
Mike Albritton & Troy White |
Brent Hicks & Chris Haffey |
Rob Thompson |
TJ Webber |
Blake Dennis & Santiago Azpurua |
Abdiel Colberg |
Brandon Campell & Tristan Feerey |
Tory Treseder & Jimmy Shuda |
Robert Guerrero & Beau Cottington |
Mike MURDA Johnson & Dre Powell |
Dominic Sagona |
Cory Casey |
Jon Elliott |
Brian Shima |
Eric Schrijn |
Eric Perkett |
Playlist on Youtube.
Montages - PLAY:
- Montage 1 with Bruno Loewe, Marc Dubied, Jona Messerli, Kato & Chris Haffey.
- Montage 2 with Matt Mantz, Champion Baumstimler, Joe Tan, Jason Marshall, Shayne Skowers, Vinny Minton, Billy Prislin & Dustin Latimer.
- Montage 3 with Erik Burke, Josh Clarke, Cory Donohoe, Dominic Wagner, Charles Dunkle, Christian Rodriguez, Matt Morrisson, Josh Petty, Walt Austin, Sam Davis, Chris Lapenta, Chris Haffey, Billy Prislin, Bruno Loewe, Jon Bergeron, Erik Bailey, Dustin Latimer, Hoang Phung, Marc Dubied, Oscar Colmanero, Micah Yeager, Mike Spring, Dustin Halleran, Carlos Ibanez, Tomas Banuelos, Beau Hale, Champion Baumstimler, Dominic Sagona, Jason Marshall, John Starr, Billy O’Neill, Omar Wysong, Jon Elliott & Ian Brown.
Respect (2004) by Beau Cottington, a retrospective remix from almost a decades' worth of raw footage tapes. Released in 2004, with an original skater-produced soundtrack.
The 2002 Razors Blitz Tour was one of the craziest tours I’ve ever been on. It was a 32 day tour, where we visited 23 skateparks in 16 states and went to the Airborne contest in Detroit, a Woodward East Competition and IMYTA in Atlanta.
We rotated in new skaters every 7-10 days. I was the only person who was on the entire tour to document it. We had a 30 foot RV that was completely destroyed by the end of the tour. Conditions were cramped and miserable inside and the heat was on another level.
We had some amazing times and some low moments. But it was a great bonding experience with many people I’m still friends with 16 years later.
The tour was: Iain Mcleod, Jeff Stockwell, Mac McMeans,Tory Treseder, Jason Howard, Mike Johnson, Dustin Jones, Dustin Halleran, Brian Shima, Micah Yeager, Omar Wysong, Robert Lievanos, Charles Dunkle, Jon Elliott, Wes Driver and Cory Casey. This edit originally appeared as a bonus section on the United Front 2: Trash DVD I made back in 2003. - Jan Welch.
*Music: “No Such Thing” by Agent Orange.
Sections: Jon Elliott (2:40), Omar Wysong (8:00), Friends (12:30), Brian Shima (17:36), Falls (24:50), Dustin Latimer (29:55), Aaron Feinberg (40:10). Also featuring: Arlo Eisenberg, Robert Lievanos, Brooke Howard Smith, BJ Bernhart, Eric Schrijn, Fridolin Eelbo, Louie Zamora, Murda, Dom Sagona and many more.
Soundtrack Listing (courtesy of Rollingvideos)
- Intro: DJ Shadow – What Does Your Soul Look Like (pt.2)
- Jon Elliott: Pink Floyd – Time
- Omar Wysong: Krayzie Bone feat. Snoop Dogg – The War iz On
- Friends: Michael Jackson – Billy Jean
- Brian Shima 1: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – Last Dance w/ Mary Jane
- Brian Shima 2: Nirvana – Something in the Way
- Crashes: Mott the Hoople – All the Young Dudes
- Dustin Latimer 1: Cirque Du Soleil – Rumeurs
- Dustin Latimer 2: Cirque Du Soleil – Ombra
- Aaron Feinberg: Foreigner – Juke Box Hero