After the success of the USD Aeon skate, we took a close look at its design in the development of the new Kizer Soulframe 60. We wanted to lower the center of gravity whilst increasing the direct feeling of grinding. It is completely made out of aluminum for maximum energy transfer, faster grinds, and designed specifically for the high-speed park, bowl skating, and coping grinds.
Like the Aeon it is a non-UFS unibody soul plate with an integrated frame, to achieve the lowest center of gravity and widest split for flat setups, making it lighter and stronger whilst using fewer parts. Plate and frame are made out of 6061 aircraft aluminum, CNC machined to perfection and coming with the new Element II aluminum H-block. The frame is designed to hold a maximum of 4x60mm wheels for, what we consider to be the perfect flat setup. The Soulframe has predrilled and recessed mounting holes which are compatible fit most USD skates and also Salomons. Thanks Blade Tech.
up: Kizer - Aaron Feinberg Suspension Frames
up: Kizer - Suspension Frames
After testing the Sola Frame street version with the V1 H-Block I got some V2 H-Block and tried them out, really interesting that the shape of a H-Block can change so much. - Sascha Reichert.
About the Sola Street Frames - V2 H-Block (2020-1 - Price: $179, 140€)
Precision, Strength and Control. The Solá Equipment Street Frames were born from a dialogue between Kyle Solá and Dominik Wagner regarding the optimal flat-rocker frame, and the reintroduction of a lightweight metal construction into street skating.
The feedback-driven development process led to the prototyping of the first development prototypes in 2015. With the valuable inputs from Dominik Wagner and Joe Atkinson, prototypes were continuously developed, tested and improved through to the first production in 2018.
- Streamlined Frame Body
- Extruded 6061 T6 hardened aluminum, CNC milled into its final shape
- Treated with a surface-hardening anodized finish
- Laser engraved with model specifications and specific production lot number
- Universal Frame System (UFS) bolt configuration to fit all corresponding boots
- Max. Wheel Size - 60mm
- Replaceable H-block System - V2
- The replaceable H-Block is made from a naturally slick and wear resistant injection-molded polymer for all-around street or park skating.
- The V2 h-block design provides increased protection against wheel bite.
- Recommended for flat-rockered setups.
- One-Way Axles - Version 2
- The CNC turned, Black Oxide Steel Alloy screw directly into frame walls, reducing weight and complexity.
- 10mm deep tool cavity helps to keep bolt heads from stripping with regular use
- A nylon patch is bonded to the threads, adding friction to resist loosening from vibration
- Two spare axles included in each package […] More pictures & specs.
Too much words? Here is a promo picture featuring Joe Atkinson, rocking the Joe Atkinson High-Low Frame 2020-1 (?).
The Aeon 72 XXI skate is the modern classic of aggressive street skating. USD took it right back to the drawing board with the design of this skate, shattering all expectations and dismissing the UFS frame system, completely reworking our understanding of an aggressive skate and bringing the design back to basics.
The unibody concept defines this unique design, creating the lowest, lightest skate possible with unparalleled energy transfer in every stride. One step back, two steps forward. With a single-piece construction, the weight is drastically reduced whilst the strength of the boot is immensely increased, you’ll never snap another frame again. The unibody concept allows for the widest H-block split possible, making this the best flat set up skate ever created, keeping you safe from wheel bite on all H-block tricks. The Aeon 72 allows you to ride a full flat set up of 72mm wheels and comes with the new USD Team wheels, which are fast and long-lasting.
The skate is completed with the dual-fit MYFIT liners. The stretchy neoprene toes allow for 2 sizes to be catered to with a single liner, giving perfect comfort and support in every session. The new WCD ABEC 9 bearings make this skate now even faster and the new soft top for the lacing even better looking.
The Kaltik Flat V2 Frames are now available on Kaltik.eu.
Limited run off 100 pairs will be for sale on Kaltik’s website soon.