It was roughly five years ago when Sean Kelso adapted a Century fish-eye lens to a Panasonic HVX camcorder and took it for a test at Downtown Park in KCMO with Alex Broskow.
After leaving the park that day with a decent amount of footage, they decided it would be fun to keep going and collecting more fish-eye filmed park clips, hence the title of the project ‘fishguys’.
Since that day ‘fishguys’ has evolved into an on-going series and it comes with great pride that bacemint can officially announce we had the opportunity to fly our good friend AB out to Philadelphia. […] Photos & article on Bacemint.com
Check the video here.
WRS Uploaded 2011 - Results - Fan Votes
- Nils Jansons - PLAY (Filmed & edited by Martins Jansons)
- Chris Haffey - PLAY Filmed by JC Rowe, Ivan Narez, Beau Cottington & Nick Wood ; edited by Brian Griffin. Song: Jay-z & Kanye West – Niggas in Paris.
Nils Jansons 63.1% (7380 votes). Fan Favorite: $500.00 vs Chris Haffey 36.9% (4324 votes)
Semi Finalist, Fan Votes: Sven Boekhorst (PLAY) Filmed by Dominic Swagemakers, Joery v/d Pol, Simon Goeman, Dick Heerkens & Jan Hoogtijling ; edited Axel van Dijk & Brian Aragon (PLAY) Filmed by Phillip Long, Dre Powell, Max Manning, Erick Rodriguez ; edited by Phillip Long.
Results - Judging
- Brian Aragon $1,500.00 - PLAY
- Alex Broskow $800.00 - PLAY
- Nils Jansons $500.00 - PLAY
- Chris Haffey $300.00 - PLAY
- Erik Bailey $100.00 - PLAY
- tie Sean Kelso - PLAY
- tie Dave Lang - PLAY
- David Sizemore - PLAY
- Mathias Silhan - PLAY
- Sven Boekhorst - PLAY
Judging is based on the following criteria (in order of importance):
- Difficulty. Difficulty can be applied to a stunt, line or a single technical trick. Clips will also be judged on the overall situation including; size, run-up, landing, weather, traffic, etc.
- Style. Competitors will be judged on style, confidence, control & speed.
- Spot selection. Submissions will be judged on the variety, type, difficulty and visual appearance of obstacles.
- Production value. Production value includes the filming, lighting, audio, music and editing of the video.
- Character. Character combines all of the above elements and evaluates the submission on overall entertainment and likability of competitor.
Youtube has been in desperate need of a higher quality version of this (360p). Sean Kelso is one of my all time favorite skaters and this is in my top 5 all time favorite sections. – Brett Dasovic.
This is the Alex Broskow section from the first 4×4 Team Video Leading the Blind by Pat Lennen & Jan Welch.
Music: The Rapture – Out of the Races and on to the track, Siouxsie & the Banshees – Spellbound.
KCMO, A rollerblade film by Sean Kelso starring Alex Broskow, Chris Farmer, Kc Roche, Pat Doherty & Sean Kelso. Featuring Adam Exline, Matt Ladewski & Michael Collins.
KCMO: B-Roll and Extras
Promo Video: Ali Tribute Warm-Up
Philly skate video tribute to Muhammad Ali. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Video on Vimeo
Presenting the official trailer for the rollerblading video KCMO. Available for purchase through Vimeo On Demand 1.1.14. Trailer on Vimeo
Starring Chris Farmer, Patrick Doherty, KC Roche, Colin Kelso, Chris Cheshire, Sean Kelso, Nick LaBarre & Alex Broskow.
Featuring Andrew Nemiroski, David Sizemore, Matt Ladewski, Mike Lilly, Sean Santamaria, Michael Collins, Thinh Le, Mason Stickler, Chris Candia, John Bolino, Dean Coward, Michael Garlinghouse & Adam Exline.