The last day to order skates from the Adapt Handmade Collection: January 21st 2024. Models available until that time:
Jon Fromm Signature White,
Jon Fromm Signature new colorway (online this week),
Custom Brutale. Thank you all for the support over the years, we are very excited about the future and hope you are too! Visit Adaptbrand.com.
An insight look at the development of the Superveloce and the final shakedown test with Sem Croft in San Diego. Director: Olga Bouwhuis. Main Camera: Olga Bouwhuis. Additional Camera: Pieter Wijnant, Travis Stewart. Editor: Olga Bouwhuis. Cast: Sem Croft, Olga Bouwhuis, Pieter Wijnant. Thumbnail Picture: Kyle Strauss.
SUPERVELOCE SC (1350€ / $1500)
A brand new chapter. The Superveloce SC (Sem Croft pro model) has been in the making for over 4 years. From drawing new ideas on a blank piece of paper to talking with Sem Croft on how to use the Superleggera technology to create an aggressive skate. Together with Jelle Briggeman, we created a completely new UFS mold with the perfect dimensions for the most high end aggressive skate ever created. Every aspect of the skate has been designed to create the fastest and most responsive UFS boot on the market. Taking a big step with manufacturing processes and embracing new technology. Not only for its soulplate, but also the one piece H-block slider. This is our lovepoem towards an industry we grew up in. And we hope to keep pushing the envelope with future products. From the bottom of our hearts, congratulations Sem.
Superveloce SC: Specs & Photos on Adaptbrand.com.
In this episode I talk with Pieter Wijnant from Adapt Branch about their 2022 line, including new logo, Adrian Deck Brutale and GTO pro skates, new removable heel liner piece, changes to the Symetrics flat and Quattro frames and the soon-to-be-annouced Superleggera SP model.
Podcast on Soundcloud.
What’s up y’all. I’m back, well kinda… I actually filmed this review 2 years ago, however life just seemed to get busier and busier as time went on, and I never had the chance to properly edit it together until now. I still feel the same way about everything I discuss in the video, so I felt it was still very relevant to share - if not more so now, as I’ve had another 2 years of skating Symetrics frames, and have only come to love them more and more! - Robert Kellett.
Symetrics brand is a sister company founded by Adapt brand owners Olga Bouwhuis and Pieter Wijnant. The first Symetrics product we made was the symmetrical soulplate that comes along with Adapt skates. We have come a long way since our first product and now offer a wide range of frames, soulplates, wheels, bearings and goodies. Visit Symetricsbrand.com.
Up: Robert Kellett for Symetrics.
Oldie but goldie! Rik van Huik killing the streets of Berlin, Bordeaux, Paris, Zurich, Amsterdam, Utrecht and Katwijk. Filmed by Pieter Wijnant, Thijs Tel, Levi van Rijn and Olga Bouwhuis.
August 25, 2017: Rik van Huik is currently in the hospital in Paris after some bad luck during filming for the new Adapt video.
Even tough he will not be able to get more clips this year, the hammers he did so far are all enders and will make an unforgettable section none the less. - Adapt.
Olga Bouwhuis and Pieter Wijnant are the owners of Adapt brand. Adapt is a inline skating brand handmade in Holland. Hope you enjoy this 66 minute talk with the two owners of this unique brand who wants to reduce the number of skates sold and improve the quality of their customers.
- 01:25 - it all started as a love story.
- 05:33 - freestyle blading, rollerblading or inline skating?
- 07:53 - traded Belgium for Holland.
- 08:05 - End of Forward Freestyle
- 10:40 - “I was encouraged by my mom to skip school and skate if the weather was good.”
- 12:30 - Called Olga and told her about a Dream to make a skate and had a name..
- 17:20 - we are 2 handshakes away from every other skater.
- 20:06 - Lino and Pieter were speed skaters.
- 21:22 - rollerblade twister boot
- 23:00 - 4 screws frame mounting system
- 28:55 - New adapt secret skate project
- 30:02 - Adapt goal.
- 30:20 - making skates more expensive
- 32:53 - Adapts for slalom
- 35:25 - How Lino plans his days
- 36:52 - Olga’s main role
- 39:10 - I’m a full time chef
- 41:20 - Adapt Team video
- 45:10 - Mike Lilly and actual Adapt Team
- 48:10 - Fake but funny advertise break
- 58:30 - Randy spizer and Louie Zamora had Adapt Skates.
- 59:37 - Nick Labarre
- 1:00:44 - Julian Bah
- 1:03:27 - New Hyper Skates vegan
- 1:05:12 - should we make a geeky part 2 or not?