Posts Tagged ‘razors’
Steven Tongson wrote an article about scooters featuring Andy Wegener (Razors), check the full article + comment section (bottom of the page).
[…] Another reason why we have to find our own identity and should try to stay away from skateboarding as far as we can is that we will alienate them if we try too hard to copy them and their lifestyle.
When rollerblading came up in the mid 90’s they made the mistake that they copied the style, clothing and even logos from skateboarding which triggered a massive wave of hate against them. What made things worse was that skateboarding was in a crisis while rollerblading was exploding (due to the X-games) and companies were throwing money at them.
Skateboarders then started a massive hate campaign, told every kid that came into a skate park how gay their sport is and that skateboarding was the only cool thing to do. If an older guy tells a younger kid what he’s wearing or doing is gay he will most likely believe it. And boy did it work: One weekend you saw a kid on rollerblades and the next week he was on a skateboard.
Rollerbladers shifted in droves to skateboarding which eventually helped to turn their sport around. But skateboarders did not stop there. They told every sponsor, TV network, marketing agents, contest organizer and their mother how uncool rollerblading is and that they would pull out if they would touch inline.
From then on rollerblading was nowhere to be seen, it only went downhill and never recovered. Skateboarding is in a steep decline again today and we have to be extremely careful not to trigger their hate again. They know very well what to do to get kids on their side. […]
Spring is in the air and Razors is releasing a brand new edition of our popular Genesys skate. World renowned for its sturdiness and perfect balance between support and flex, the new G9.1 is better than ever.
It comes with a fresh white and black colour scheme, GC Featherlite frames, a replaceable grind and backslide plate and a super comfortable liner. The pre-shaped grooves of the frame and backslide are perfectly aligned making it ready to use out of the box.
- GC FLT2 frame
– Genesys liner with extra thick padding
– Durable hockey style laces
– Replaceable Soul frame
– Replaceable backslide plate
– Perfectly aligned backslide plate groove
– Oversized heel pad
– 42 mm anti-rocker wheels
– Razors tool
– ABEC 5 bearings
– Razor 56mm/90A wheels
Sizes: 6-14, plus size 10.5.
Featuring Dre Powell, Mathias Silhan, Korey “Sneaky” Waikiki, Jon Matter, Baschno Rose, Boris Gaisner, Xavier Thedenat Du Vent & Conor Manweiler. Filmed by Boris Gaisner, Dre Powell, Phil and Gabriel Hyden.
Skate sensation Brian Aragon, who is one of the most hyped skaters ever was honored with his 5th signature skate.
The A5 comes with a canvas soft top with white and blue accent colors and reflects his solid performance in skating and focus on style and detail.
The boot shell is made of a special compound which provides the right balance between support and flex and maintains it over a long period of time.
The perfectly grooved backslide plate and baseless design allows the skater to experience a lower center of gravity, direct contact while grinding, easy transitions during switch-ups and perfect control on boot tricks such as backslides, royals and torques.
The A5 is loaded with the finest components available: GC Featherlite 2 frames, Brian’s new signature liner from Jug, M1 Urethane wheels, ABEC 7 bearings, a reinforced pull-up buckle and the legendary Jug gel shock absorber.
More Pictures & Infos: (more…)
- Intro: Blood Ceremony – Children of the Future.
- Alex Burston: Pretty lights – Hot Like Sauce.
- Jon Fromm: Pusha T – Pies.
- Howie Bennett: The Gories – Grace of God.
- Jeph Howard: The Smiths – What difference does it make.
- Yuri Botelho: DJ Khaled Feat Movado – Suicidal Thoughts.
- Montage: School Boy Q – There He Go.
- Josh Glowicki: Lucci Lou – No Problems.
- Edwin Wieringh: Aesop Rock – Cycles to Gehenna.
- Tyron Ballentine: Aesop Rock – Coffee.
- Dre Powell: Unknown Instrumental.
- Tom Coley: Rusko – Cali Love.
- Winston Wardwell / Derek Henderson: Jimi Hendrix – Hey Baby.
- Korey Waikiki: Wale – Work.
- Fabio Enes: Boy Crisis – Dressed to Digress.
- Iain Mcleod: 50 Cent – New Day.
- Brian Aragon: Alt J – Fitzpleasure.
- Outro: DJ Khaled – Hip Hop.
Thanks Erick Rodriguez.