Olga Bouwhuis and Pieter Wijnant are the owners of Adapt brand. Adapt is a inline skating brand handmade in Holland. Hope you enjoy this 66 minute talk with the two owners of this unique brand who wants to reduce the number of skates sold and improve the quality of their customers.
- 01:25 - it all started as a love story.
- 05:33 - freestyle blading, rollerblading or inline skating?
- 07:53 - traded Belgium for Holland.
- 08:05 - End of Forward Freestyle
- 10:40 - "I was encouraged by my mom to skip school and skate if the weather was good."
- 12:30 - Called Olga and told her about a Dream to make a skate and had a name..
- 17:20 - we are 2 handshakes away from every other skater.
- 20:06 - Lino and Pieter were speed skaters.
- 21:22 - rollerblade twister boot
- 23:00 - 4 screws frame mounting system
- 28:55 - New adapt secret skate project
- 30:02 - Adapt goal.
- 30:20 - making skates more expensive
- 32:53 - Adapts for slalom
- 35:25 - How Lino plans his days
- 36:52 - Olga's main role
- 39:10 - I'm a full time chef
- 41:20 - Adapt Team video
- 45:10 - Mike Lilly and actual Adapt Team
- 48:10 - Fake but funny advertise break
- 58:30 - Randy spizer and Louie Zamora had Adapt Skates.
- 59:37 - Nick Labarre
- 1:00:44 - Julian Bah
- 1:03:27 - New Hyper Skates vegan
- 1:05:12 - should we make a geeky part 2 or not?
Andy Wegener is the owner of Sunshine Distribution. In this skate talk you'll get to know a bit more about the man behind brands like Razors Skates, Ground Control, Jug? Remz? Elyts Scooter Shoes, AO Scooters. Hope you enjoy the 65 minute talk with one of the most influential skating individuals in 2017. - Ricardo Lino.
- 01:15 - Who is Andy Wegener?
- 05:40 - What's happening with the new Razors Skate?
- 09:15 - Liners on razors skates until now and in the future.
- 12:10 - Good marketing or good product?
- 15:32 - Was Razors the First Skate Brand with a Proper YT channel?
- 17:45 - why was Razors a "Rock'n Roll" or "Gangster" brand?
- 20:00 - What happened to the Razors House?
- 24:30 - How did you got into Scooters?
- 27:51 - is Sex the reason why kids stop skating/ riding?
- 28:10 - Health insurance in America
- 30:40 - Brian Aragon
- 32:10 - You lost Roman Abrate.
- 33:10 - Why razors always worked well with american riders?
- 38:55 - How many skaters there is in America?
- 39:08 - Big wheels plans?
- 41:10 - 125 mm UFS skate?
- 50:14 - How can we make this industry better?
- 55:30 - Is "Do or Die" good for skating?
- 56:55 - When should we expect an Inline Skating peak again?
- 59:16 - What do you think of the USD AEON skates?
- 1:01:10 - isn't it a problem for shops to have a new skate every 3 months?
- 1:03:00 - why did you never started something related to roller skates?
I started skating 34 years ago on a pair of strap on roller skates and since then i never really stopped. I went to a second hand market and searched for a pair of strap on old school vintage roller skates and guess what? I found a pair from the 60s. In this video you will my experience with this skates. And I have to admit this skates are really really slow and limitative but I have lots of fun! - Ricardo Lino.
Video on Youtube - Filmed by ZANE BOWERS.
Pro Skater, The Conference Team Manager, Shop Owner, Product Developer, Brands Distributor , Oli Benet did it all.
Oli Benet is a real wheel addict and you wont find a lot of people with the same amount of passion and dedication. Hope you enjoy the 95 minute talk with one of the most influential skating individuals in 2017.
- 03:21 - Why do you live in Barcelona?
- 10:15 - What's the real story with Powerblading?
- 15:44 - Rollerblade Vs Powerblading
- 16:56 - Rollerblade Vs Triblading
- 18:40 - Involvement with 3 Wheel skating
- 22:14 - Triskating frames and different brands
- 23:05 - Different sizes of different brands
- 24:55 - Problems with K2
- 26:36 - The importance of shops
- 27:25 - Powerslide
- 32:53 - Lino Vs Oli Beef (including Undercover, Deshi, Stygma)
- 43:15 - How big is skating in Spain?
- 47:10 - Social media from ROEX
- 50:19 - Relationship with Flying Eagle - Choosing it over all other brands
- 51:08 - ROEX Vs Rollerblade Spain
- 52:20 - Back to the Flying Eagle Story
- 54:46 - Powerslide vs Flying Eagle & Boycott
- 55:40 - Flying Eagle Europe
- 57:14 - Flying Eagle Aggressive Skate
- 58:15 - Flying Eagle Aggressive Frame
- 59:28 - More about the Flying Eagle Aggressive Skate
- 1:03:36 - Health Problems
- 1:11:31 - When did you start skating?
- 1:14:00 - Magazine talk
- 1:15:33 - Where is skating going with big wheels?
- 1:27:13 - Razors Leak talks
- 1:30:13 - The most profesional skater of all time is...
Jan Welch was one of the main faces of inline skating in the early 2000s, The Original creator of Scum Mag, ended up moving to California to work for the inline skating magazine Daily Bread and created his own companies, Brands Like 4X4 wheels, VICIOUS or NIMH under a distribuition group named RAT TAIL.
A lot of time has passed since then and a lot of things also changed since then. But Jan is still in love with the wheelie boots, probably now more then ever, after this 95 minutes talk with Jan you will know. - Ricardo Lino.
Ricardo Lino and Cory Auld plays a game of B.L.A.D.E in 360. Move the camera by interacting with the directionnal arrow (top left of the video) or double click/tap and drag the video.
Cory Auld is a UK/ South African skater, you can check another video made by Ricardo Lino here.
This is one of my favourite tricks on aggressive skates, roller skates, or even as a slide with triskates.
And after doing a few of these the other day and having a kid asking me how i can balance it, i felt like i had to do these one.
Hopefully this How to Backslide aggressive skating tutorial will help you to get better at this trick. - Ricardo Lino.
I have seen a picture of Charles Dunkle doing this trick about 13 years ago, and until 3 days ago i never a video of it.
But when i saw the video i just had to try this trick… So here it his the process until i landed it.
I truly believe if i find the right inline skate setup , maybe a bigger size, I can do a lot more of these tricks and probably even grinding.
Thanks CHARLES DUNKLE FOR THE CREATIVITY and your unique approach to skating.! you´re still a huge inspiration and one of my favourite skaters nowadays. - Ricardo Lino.
Myfit liners have a few different models, this is a video review of the Fatboy, Skinnyboy and Second Skin models. – Ricardo Lino.