Andy Wegener is the owner of Sunshine Distribution. In this skate talk you'll get to know a bit more about the man behind brands like Razors Skates, Ground Control, Jug? Remz? Elyts Scooter Shoes, AO Scooters. Hope you enjoy the 65 minute talk with one of the most influential skating individuals in 2017. - Ricardo Lino.
- 01:15 - Who is Andy Wegener?
- 05:40 - What's happening with the new Razors Skate?
- 09:15 - Liners on razors skates until now and in the future.
- 12:10 - Good marketing or good product?
- 15:32 - Was Razors the First Skate Brand with a Proper YT channel?
- 17:45 - why was Razors a "Rock'n Roll" or "Gangster" brand?
- 20:00 - What happened to the Razors House?
- 24:30 - How did you got into Scooters?
- 27:51 - is Sex the reason why kids stop skating/ riding?
- 28:10 - Health insurance in America
- 30:40 - Brian Aragon
- 32:10 - You lost Roman Abrate.
- 33:10 - Why razors always worked well with american riders?
- 38:55 - How many skaters there is in America?
- 39:08 - Big wheels plans?
- 41:10 - 125 mm UFS skate?
- 50:14 - How can we make this industry better?
- 55:30 - Is "Do or Die" good for skating?
- 56:55 - When should we expect an Inline Skating peak again?
- 59:16 - What do you think of the USD AEON skates?
- 1:01:10 - isn't it a problem for shops to have a new skate every 3 months?
- 1:03:00 - why did you never started something related to roller skates?
Pro Skater, The Conference Team Manager, Shop Owner, Product Developer, Brands Distributor , Oli Benet did it all.
Oli Benet is a real wheel addict and you wont find a lot of people with the same amount of passion and dedication. Hope you enjoy the 95 minute talk with one of the most influential skating individuals in 2017.
- 03:21 - Why do you live in Barcelona?
- 10:15 - What's the real story with Powerblading?
- 15:44 - Rollerblade Vs Powerblading
- 16:56 - Rollerblade Vs Triblading
- 18:40 - Involvement with 3 Wheel skating
- 22:14 - Triskating frames and different brands
- 23:05 - Different sizes of different brands
- 24:55 - Problems with K2
- 26:36 - The importance of shops
- 27:25 - Powerslide
- 32:53 - Lino Vs Oli Beef (including Undercover, Deshi, Stygma)
- 43:15 - How big is skating in Spain?
- 47:10 - Social media from ROEX
- 50:19 - Relationship with Flying Eagle - Choosing it over all other brands
- 51:08 - ROEX Vs Rollerblade Spain
- 52:20 - Back to the Flying Eagle Story
- 54:46 - Powerslide vs Flying Eagle & Boycott
- 55:40 - Flying Eagle Europe
- 57:14 - Flying Eagle Aggressive Skate
- 58:15 - Flying Eagle Aggressive Frame
- 59:28 - More about the Flying Eagle Aggressive Skate
- 1:03:36 - Health Problems
- 1:11:31 - When did you start skating?
- 1:14:00 - Magazine talk
- 1:15:33 - Where is skating going with big wheels?
- 1:27:13 - Razors Leak talks
- 1:30:13 - The most profesional skater of all time is...
Jan Welch was one of the main faces of inline skating in the early 2000s, The Original creator of Scum Mag, ended up moving to California to work for the inline skating magazine Daily Bread and created his own companies, Brands Like 4X4 wheels, VICIOUS or NIMH under a distribuition group named RAT TAIL.
A lot of time has passed since then and a lot of things also changed since then. But Jan is still in love with the wheelie boots, probably now more then ever, after this 95 minutes talk with Jan you will know. - Ricardo Lino.