A lot of people complained about the lack of originality of the latest skates releases of Razors : Shima 7, Elliot 3. Here is a custom that might lighten your days : a Spearmint (thanks Richard) Custom Razors Skates Setup done by Easy (dedicated topic).
The custom is using some green ceramic uhmw night soulplates : (more…)
In the interest of keeping the rolling public informed (well, as informed as iâ€™m allowed to before the skate comes out), and keeping baseless rumors from forming, iâ€™ll post a few points about the skates that should dispel what seem to be already-popular rumors.complaints.
Please note that i have had the prototype pair that Brent was skating in my hands, taken them apart, examined all the parts, tried them on, and talked to the Razors rep in depth about them.
Pay attention, and please attempt to use your brain when responding.
1. The skates will be coming out in the spring. i do not know what colors they will be, what liners, wheels, and frames they will have, or the street price. i would assume that theyâ€™ll probably be a fairly â€œsafeâ€ color, have a Jug liner, GCâ€™s, and Razors wheels- possibly Mindgame- and retail around $300, like most pro skates.
2. the lasting (shape of the inside of the shell) is based directly off of the older razors (â€cultâ€ style shell), because most everyone, especially those on the team, felt they fit perfect. thatâ€™s why the shape of the shell looks so much like the Cult shell, but i assure you itâ€™s an entirely new mold. they are not a raised-heel design (no shock pad) like the classic cults, however, they will have a nice fat shock pad like a salomon or genesys.
3. the cuffs are going to be new, probably not radically different than the existing razors cuffs, but theyâ€™re not done yet so Brent had the present cuffs on the protoâ€™s.
4. the soul system is radically different than anything seen before, and will offer the lowest center of gravity of any UFS skate. as i said in the vidcast, they clip on from the sides. iâ€™m not allowed to tell you anything more, nor do i want to- youâ€™re all just going to have to suffer a few more months of not knowing Smile
5. shell sizing is the same as the Cults- 6/7, 8/9, 10/11, 12/13. somehow a rumor has already circulated that there will be single-sized shells- unfortunately this is not true. seven or eight sizes of boot and soulplate molds would be millions of dollars, and unfortunately rolling isnâ€™t big enough for razors to sell enough skates to be able to afford single-sized shells.
6. they were originally intended for holiday release but Razors is still perfecting a few things so theyâ€™ve been pushed back to spring. dry your tears, spring will be here before you know it.
7. about the â€œshinyâ€ appearance of the shell- the cosmetic aspects of the shell have not really been worked on yet, just the fit/structural aspects. rest assured they will not be shiny, and they will look dope.
The Murda 3 is the premiere of 2 of the hottest new products in the rolling industry: The new Jug Neoprene liner and Ground Control’s newly developed Dual Injection (DI) frame.
The neoprene liner incorporates a revolutionary 2-layer design, with a rigid outer layer providing support and eliminating any pressure point from the cuff or boot. An seamless neoprene brace wraps around the foot like a glove providing unmatched fit and comfort.
The grind plate of the Dual Injection GC frame is made of a new UHMW material for super fast grinding speeds. It also offers multiple rockering options from flat to anti-rocker and high-lo. A new 42 mm GC anti-rocker block was specifically designed for the Bullet 8 frame series.
New Features :
- NEW Jug Neoprene liner
– NEW GC Dual injection frame
– Multiple rockering options (flat, high-low, anti-rocker)
– NEW GC 42 mm grind blocks.
– NEW, extremely durable Genre wheels