The Spin/Flip Category Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Urbn^nja, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Urbn^nja

Urbn^nja Member

I just want to know everyone's opinion on this. It's easy to isolate spins and flips since one has more risk than the other and one seems radically different to perform. However I found that spins require one to rotate their body horizontally and flipping is vertically. It's just another way of spinning. So wouldn't they fit in a single category called Rotations for example or they are best realized as being separate?

2. .Fx

.Fx Member

They were in a combined catagory called 'air tricks', then the grabs kinda left, leaving spins and flips alltogether. I think they're fine together. And we prevent the discussion of 'misty should be in flips because you go upside down and bio should be in spins because its a spin and not a flip'-stuff.

Urbn^nja likes this.
  3. Urbn^nja

Urbn^nja Member

Totally agree! It would help alleviate all that confusion since Misties and Bios have spins and flips inside them anyway! Most flips have spins in them too if you consider that backflips, frontflips and hotflips (left and right) are standard flips with spins later improving on them like the Kangaroo Flip 180 recently which is basically a 900 since two full 'hotflip' rotations are 720 and that 180 is makes it a 900. Flips are in a way the 'topsides' of spins :)

4. Urbn^nja

Urbn^nja Member

H
    How exactly did grabs 'leave'?

5. .Fx

.Fx Member

They got put into a seperate category I think at that time, nobody has taken a look at the trick guide in ages.

6. Urbn^nja

Urbn^nja Member

Doesn't make sense to do that. Pretty much, from my point of view, any trick done in the air should be placed in the same category. This is because the blader simply chooses one or a combination of things to do in the air and does it before landing. To me that makes sense. Then you have grinds which has cess slides as an aspect of it. Then you have stalls which incorperates inverted and parkour style tricks as well as classic stall tricks. Finally, you have roll tricks such as toe/heel rolls and wallrides and pretty much anything you can do while rolling around that's flipping hard lol. This setup to me makes the most sense somehow.